This candy themed Phonemic Awareness Activity is the perfect way to practice blending and segmenting words with 3 and 4 sounds.
Why Use the Phoneme Awareness Games Blending & Segmenting Mats?
Phonemic awareness is VITAL to learning to read through phonics. Take out all the guess work from your students' phonemic awareness practice and build phonemic awareness mastery with this valentine themed game! The game can be played one-on-one, or in a small group. These blending and segmenting mats are so FUN that your students won't realize they're building essential skills for learning to read through phonics.
What's Included in the Phonemic Awareness Games: Blending and Segmenting Mats: Candy Theme Edition?
- Teacher directions
- Candy mats for words with 3 sounds (made of paper, of course)
- A unique set of 48 candy picture cards with 3 phonemes/sounds (teacher clipart key included) (made of paper, of course)
- Candy mats for words with 4 sounds (made of paper, of course)
- A unique set of 30 candy picture cards for words with 4 phonemes/sounds (teacher clipart key included) (made of paper, of course)
- No prep writing extension worksheet for words with 3 phonemes/sounds
- No prep writing extension worksheet for words with 4 phonemes/sounds
How long does it take to prep?
This is a low prep activity! Light gray cutting lines are provided so that no extra trimming is required. If you cut on the light gray lines with a paper cutter, all the game pieces will be even! This game can be easily stored in a gallon sized ziplock bag.
Included in this Instant Download:
Buy the bundle and get this resource at a discount!