Build digraphs fluency with these decodable digraphs reading comprehension passages and questions! They are perfect for students who are newly learning digraphs.
Use them with emergent readers, kindergarteners, for intervention, tutoring, and more!
For every passage, you will find:
- The skill listed in the left hand corner so it's easy for you and your students to reference.
- 3-6 short vowel words with digraphs for the targeted skill listed with tracking dots underneath so that your students can decode the words in isolation before reading them in context. This can also be used to frontload vocabulary for ELL/ESL students.
- 3-6 sentences per passage so that your students can successfully read a story without feeling overwhelmed.
- The passages use ONLY short vowel words with digraphs and sight words so that your students can successfully decode without confusion!
- Three fluency-building smiley faces at the bottom - Students mark or color a smiley face each time they read.
- Text-based comprehension questions with multiple choice answers so that you can assess whether or not your students are comprehending what they read.
The following digraph skills are included. There is one passage per skill for a total of 7 passages. Use a passage each time you teach a new digraph so that your students can consistently and explicitly practice their newly learned phonics skills!
**As of October 17, 2022, Digital Google Slides of ALL passages have been added!**
Included in this Instant Download:
- PDF with 7 pages
- PDF with clickable links to each of the 7 passages for Google Slides
Buy the bundle and get this resource at a discount!