These 25 CVC Words Worksheets are:
- ZERO prep
- Fully Decodable (see note below)
- Includes answer keys
CVC Words practice included in these worksheets:
- Orthographic mapping (word mapping) CVC words
- Blending CVC words
- Identifying/matching/writing cvc words
- Building CVC words letter by letter (cut and paste)
- Reading decodable sentences with CVC words
- Showing comprehension of decodable sentences that include CVC words
- Reading decodable passage with CVC words and answering comprehension questions
A Note about the Decodable Sentences & Passages / High Frequency Words
- The sentences and passages include
The 10 pre-reading irregular words (heart words) are: a, and, I, for, is, of, the, to, was, you
There are 11 different types of worksheets.
- Word Mapping (based on pictures)
- Read & Match (write word under picture - word bank included)
- Write & Find (word map + word search)
- Crack the Code & Read (beginning sound code → reading cvc words, circle matching picture)
- Blend & Read (and circle the matching picture)
- Build Words (cut and paste letters to make the word; write the word)
- Read & Find (the matching picture)
- Read & Draw (decodable sentences)
- Pyramid Read & Match (decodable sentences with cut and paste pictures)
- Unscramble (decodable sentences) and Read
- Read (decodable passage) and Answer (comprehension questions)
Answer keys are included.
Note: These pages ALL incorporate beginning, medial, and final sounds. They are not isolated. Additionally, all pages incorporate all 5 vowel sounds.
Included in this Instant Download:
- PDF with 25 pages and answer keys
Buy the bundle and get this resource at a discount!