Do your students struggle to blend words with long vowel teams and therefore read words with long vowels? These blend and read blends worksheets are exactly what you and your students need.
By practicing blending and reading long vowels in a consistent and systematic way, your students will be blending and reading words with long vowels independently in no time!
Give your students the opportunity to practice blending, reading, and building fluency reading over 140 words with long vowel teams.
On each NO PREP printable page, you will find:
- The skill (long vowel word family or vowel team) in the upper left hand corner so that you can easily find the page(s) you need.
- Numbered directions so that your students know exactly what to do.
- 4-5 words with long vowels for your students to blend and read.
- Pointing dots under each letter/sound so that your students are promoted to read each sound in the word.
- Connected dots (with a line) so that your students are prompted to blend the sounds together.
- Cut and paste matching pictures that support ESL/ELL readers and confirm correct reading. (This gives your students an opportunity to build fine motor skills, too!)
- A mixed fluency table so that your students can practice rereading the 4-5 words with long vowels fluently.
- Three smiley faces (for your students to color) to prompt them to read the fluency table three times.
- Dots under each word in the fluency table so that your students can practice tracking while reading.
Great for use during:
- Small Groups
- Guided Reading
- And more!
There is one page for each of the following skills:
- I’ve also included 3 mixed practice pages for EACH vowel sound! That is 15 EXTRA pages!
Included in this Instant Download:
Buy the bundle and get this resource at a discount!