Combine beginning sound practice and sight word practice in these beginning sound worksheets.
Students will practice reading sight words and beginning sound words (with picture clue prompts) in short, predictable sentences.
**There is one page for each letter of the alphabet.
- One targeted beginning sound per page
- Targeted letter sound appears in the upper left hand corner
- Targeted sight words are listed at the top for prereading/frontloading
- Color code the sight words in the predictable sentences to promote fluency
- Each sentence includes a picture clue for the beginning sound word
- Fluency building: There are three smiley faces at the bottom of the page. Students read the page three times in order to build sight word fluency.
Perfect for use during:
- Guided Reading Warm Ups
- Small Groups
- Whole Group (Display them on your whiteboard/ smartboard!)
**Please note that the X page utilizes ending sounds. **Additionally, in this set, all vowels use short vowel beginning sounds.
Included in this Instant Download: