Word reading fluency is so important in learning to read, especially when starting with CVC words and words with short vowels.
These phonics drills provide students the opportunity to apply newly learned phonics skills in the context of words.
These One Page Wonders provide everything you need for no prep, scaffolded, decoding practice that will lead to FLUENCY!
- Target phonics skill is easy to locate so you can quickly find just what you need for each lesson
- Stars indicates level of difficulty, so differentiation is easy
- Warm-up frontloads students with skills they will find in the fluency table for ultimate decoding success
- Fluency table with decodable words only
- Three smiley faces encourage students to reread the table and build optimum word fluency
Stars on each page indicate the level of difficulty.
- 1 star - cvc words only
- 2 stars - words with digraphs
- 3 stars - words with blends (and digraphs)
real words set
- real CVC words with short a (1 page)
- real words with digraphs and short a (1 page)
- real words with blends (and digraphs) and short a (1 page)
nonsense words set
- nonsense CVC words with short a (1 page)
- nonsense words with digraphs and short a (1 page)
- nonsense words with blends (and digraphs) and short a (1 page)
This is repeated for every vowel sound for a total of 30 pages (6 per vowel).
Single student use: Copy the pages and give one to each student. These are great to use whole group, in reading groups, tutoring, homework, and more!
Multi student use: Print on cardstock and/or laminate. Place on rings according to vowel sound. Use (again and again) in reading groups, tutoring, and more!
Included in this Instant Download:
Buy the bundle and get this resource at a discount!