Main idea and supporting details passages are here! Are you looking for activities to practice main idea and details? This print-and-go resource includes main idea passages with main idea graphic organizers. Just print and teach!
Your students will love learning about different types of animals as they master identifying main idea and key details!
Each main idea passage (landscape orientation) includes:
- A 6-10 sentence paragraph
- A real photograph (that will still show even if it is printed or copied in grayscale)
- Color coding main and details (choose your own colors!)
- Two multiple choice text-based questions to answer about the text
Each graphic organizer (portrait orientation) includes:
- Cut-and-paste pictures (clip art, not photographs) for one main idea and four key details from the text
- A sentence starter for students to write the main idea
- A sentence starter for students to write a key detail of their choosing
There is one passage and one graphic organizer for each of the following topics:
- Army ants
- The Giant Panda
- Sea turtles
Note: Due to the cut-and-paste nature of the graphic organizer, these cannot be run back-to-back.
Included in this Instant Download: