Are you making the switch from sight words to heart words in your Science of Reading kindergarten (or first grade, or second grade) classroom this year?
This editable brochure is the no prep heart words parent letter that you need to easily explain the heart words method of teaching high frequency words to the parents of your kindergarten, first grade, or second grade students.
It's the perfect handout to share at back-to-school night!
- The definition of a high frequency word
- Why “sight words” are not an effective method for teaching high frequency words
- How the heart words method works and why it’s effective
- The 3 types of high frequency words and how to classify them
- How to word map high frequency words to help their child learn
- The most common high frequency words, categorized
- Print and pass out (PDF file - brochure printing tips included)
- Editable copy of the brochure (PPTX file with editing directions included)
- Please note that you'll need to download 2 free fonts in order to edit the brochure as is. Additionally, the heart graphic (front of brochure) is locked and cannot be moved.
(aligned to the Science of Reading)
Included in this Instant Download:
- 1 Printable PDF Parent Brochure
- 1 Editable PowerPoint File of the Parent Brochure