Do your students struggle to blend words with blends and therefore read words with blends? These blend and read blends worksheets are exactly what you and your students need.
By practicing blending and reading blends in a consistent and systematic way, your students will be blending and reading words with blends independently in no time!
Give your students the opportunity to practice blending, reading, and building fluency reading over 175 words with blends.
On each NO PREP printable page, you will find:
- The skill (beginning or ending blend) in the upper left hand corner so that you can easily find the page(s) you need.
- Numbered directions so that your students know exactly what to do.
- 4-5 words with blends for your students to blend and read.
- Pointing dots under each letter/sound so that your students are promoted to read each sound in the word.
- Connected dots (with a line) so that your students are prompted to blend the sounds together.
- Cut and paste matching pictures that support ESL/ELL readers and confirm correct reading. (This gives your students an opportunity to build fine motor skills, too!)
- A mixed fluency table so that your students can practice rereading the 4-5 words with blends fluently.
- Three smiley faces (for your students to color) to prompt them to read the fluency table three times.
- Dots under each word in the fluency table so that your students can practice tracking while reading.
Great for use during:
- Small Groups
- Guided Reading
- and more!
There is one page for each of the following skills:
Beginning L Blends
Beginning R Blends
Beginning S Blends
Ending N Blends
Ending S Blends
Ending L Blends
Misc Ending Blends
- I’ve also included 3 mixed practice pages for EACH beginning/ending blend type! That is 21 EXTRA pages!
Included in this Instant Download:
Buy the bundle and get this resource at a discount!