Editable High Frequency word printable worksheets provide kindergarten, first grade, and second grade students with effective and engaging High Frequency word practice. The magical part about these High Frequency word activities is that they are efficient for you, too!
Dolch High Frequency words, Fry High Frequency words, custom district High Frequency words…Are you tired of comparing High Frequency word lists to see if you can use a particular resource?
Did you have High Frequency word printables, but then you changed grade levels or your school changed their High Frequency word list, and now you can longer use them?
Do you need differentiated High Frequency word worksheets for your classroom because your students are on different levels? This magical resource is just for you!
Enter five High Frequency words and a sentence for each, and 10 printable activity pages will automatically generate!
NO NEED to download fonts!
NO NEED to mess with PowerPoint! Just download, type, and print your sight word activities!
**Please note this file must be opened in Adobe Reader (free) in order for the editable and autofill features to work. Please do not purchase this file if you do not have access to Adobe Reader. **
The following printables will automatically generate when you type in your word list:
Word Building Mats
- I use magnetic letters, but since all text is editable, you could use these for play dough, too! (Note: 5 mats will automatically generate, one for each word.)
Roll and Read High Frequency Words
- Roll a die, read the words. All five High Frequency words are used.
Roll and Trace High Frequency Words
- Roll a die, trace the words (dotted font automatically generates), read the word. All five High Frequency words are used.
High Frequency Words Crack the Code
- Each High Frequency word appears in a beginning sound picture code. Students use beginning sounds to “crack the code” and write (and rewrite) the sight words). All five sight words are used. **A beginning sounds chart/legend is also included.**
High Frequency Words Typing
- Students rewrite each High Frequency word and type is three times. All five High Frequency words are used.
Find and Read High Frequency Word Sentences
- Students find the High Frequency words in the sentences and read them all three times each. All five High Frequency words are used.
High Frequency Words Rainbow Write
- Roll a die to determine the color to be used, then rainbow write High Frequency words. All five High Frequency words are used.
High Frequency Words Color by Code
- Use the legend to color code the High Frequency word “bubbles.” Can also be used with bingo dotters/bingo daubers. All five High Frequency words are used.
High Frequency Words Spin and Write
- Use a plastic spinner or a paperclip and a pencil to spin the spinner. Write the High Frequency word. Repeat. All five High Frequency words are used.
High Frequency Words ABC Order
- Cut and paste the High Frequency words into ABC order. Then rewrite the High Frequency words in ABC order, twice. All five High Frequency words are used.
- These worksheets are editable and they autofill.
What does that mean?
- You can use these worksheets for ANY sight words, as long as they are between 1-9 letters.
- Once you type in you words once, they will autofill on all the other pages!
Customize & Personalize!
- Tweak the title and directions to your liking!
- Include students’ names and/or relevant content in High Frequency word sentences.
This resource is not for you if…
- You want unicorn-themed sight word printables...Sorry, there are no unicorns on the students pages! ;)
Included in this Instant Download:
- PDF with 15 EDITABLE pages