Are you looking for the perfect way to teach new high frequency words and review old high frequency words while distance learning? You NEED this resource.
Digital high frequency word activities can be fun, but what good are they if students haven’t learned the high frequency word yet? Should they practice something that they haven’t learned about yet?
Enter: Digital High Frequency Words Learn and Practice! This 100% digital high frequency word resource is every high frequency word teacher’s dream! Yes, that you includes you, homeschool parents!
Each high frequency word activity (there are 150 words included!) guides students through learning the word, reading the word, identifying the word, building/spelling the word, and using the word.
- This resource was created for use with Google Slides™️. It comes Google-ready and is perfect for use with Google Classroom™️, Gmail and/or Google Drive™️.
- Each activity set is focused on ONE high frequency word. Students are taken through the process of learning and practicing the high frequency word.
- Every single high frequency word in this set follows this consistent pattern so that students can focus on learning the high frequency word and not on new activities/directions.
- Please do not purchase this if you want 100 *different* high frequency word lessons. The activities are consistent for a reason - it benefits the students when they can focus on the new word being learned and not the activity.
- This essential high frequency word resource is perfect for distance learning, tutoring, digital high frequency word centers, paperless high frequency word assignments, and more.
There are 8 slides/cards PER high frequency word.
Within the 8 slides/cards, students will:
Read the word (Option: Have the word read to them by clicking the sound icon.)
Say the word aloud three times while looking at the word.
Spell the word (Option: Have the letters dictated to them by clicking the sound icon)
Spell the word aloud three times while looking at the word.
Sort the letters in the word by vowels and consonants. (Drag and drop the letters into the t-chart)
Identify the word among other words that look and/or sound the same.
Fill in the missing letters to complete the word.
Build the word. (Drag and drop the letters into blank letter boxes in the right order.)
Identify the word in an easy-to-read sentence that includes picture clues.
Read the sentence mentioned above three times. (Option: have the sentence read aloud by clicking the sound icon; Includes motivating “feeding” of pets each time you read.”
Type the word. (Then, students drag away the ► to reveal the word and check their answer.)
- Finally, students choose a “digital sticker” to give themselves for learning a new high frequency word.
If students are playing through Boom Cards, all of the above activities will have instant feedback! It will let them know if their answer was correct. If it was incorrect, it will give them the opportunity to try again.
- All 150 high frequency word lessons and practice in a Google Slides™️ format.
- (Teacher) Directions for access and use , including tutorial videos.***
The first 100 words are Fry’s 1st 100 high frequency words in alphabetical order.
The next 50 words were added to complete the Dolch Sight Word List + Color Words + Number Words to 10.
Included in this Instant Download:
- PDF with clickable links for Google Slides (150 words included/total of 1200 slides)
Buy the bundle and get this resource at a discount!