As a teacher, I know it can be hard to find simple yet engaging graphic organizers for young students. These graphic organizers were made specifically with the Kindergarten Common Core State Standards & higher order thinking in mind. While they relate directly to Kindergarten standards, they also apply and would be appropriate for use in first or second grade.
Graphic Organizers included in this set:
- Vacuuming Vocabulary
- Cool Characters
- Story Sketch
- Caterpillar Covers
- Sequencing Stars
- Dog Details
- Journey Jar
- I’m the Author!
- Fish Feelings
These twelve graphic organizers together meet the following CCSS and skills:
- RL.K.1 – With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
- RL.K.3 – With prompting and support, identify characters, settings, and major events in a story.
- RL.K.4 – Ask and answer questions about unknown words in a text.
- RL.K.6/RI.K4 – With prompting and support, name the author and illustrator of a story and define the role of each in telling the story.
- RI.K.5 – Identify the front cover, back cover, and title page of a book.
- RI.K.6 – Name the author and illustrator of a text and define the role of each in presenting the ideas or information in a text.
- W.K.3 – Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to narrate a single event or several loosely linked events, tell about the events in the order in which they occurred, and provide a reaction to what happened.
Included in this Instant Download: