These 21 Double Final Consonants Worksheets are:
- ZERO prep
- Fully Decodable (see note below)
- Includes answer keys
Double Final Consonants practiced in these worksheets include:
★ Note: The pages that are noted by an asterisk (*) include double final consonant words with beginning blends, short vowels, and Only words with beginning blends, short digraphs (ch, ck, sh, th, wh). The pages noted WITHOUT an asterisk (*) only include double final consonant words that are CVCC.
★ Note: These pages ALL incorporate mixed double final consonant practice. This includes multiple double final consonants on one page.
Double Final Consonants practice included in these worksheets:
- Orthographic mapping (word mapping) of words with double final consonants
- Blending words with double final consonants
- Identifying/matching/writing words with double final consonants
- Building words with double final consonants letter by letter (cut and paste)
- Reading decodable sentences with words with double final consonants
- Showing comprehension of decodable sentences that include words with double final consonants
- Reading decodable passage with words with double final consonants and answering comprehension questions
A Note about the Decodable Sentences & Passages / High Frequency Words:
- The sentences and passages include
The 10 pre-reading irregular words (heart words) are: a, and, I, for, is, of, the, to, was, you
- Remember, the activity pages noted by an asterisk (*) include words with digraphs and beginning blends.
There are 11 different types of worksheets.
Word Mapping (based on pictures)
Read & Match (write word under picture - word bank included)
Write & Find (word map + word search)
Crack the Code & Read (beginning sound code → read words, circle matching picture)
Blend & Read (and circle the matching picture)
Build Words (cut and paste letters to make the word; write the word)
Read & Find (the matching picture)
Read & Draw (decodable sentences)
Pyramid Read & Match (decodable sentences with cut and paste pictures)
Unscramble (decodable sentences) and Read
Read (decodable passage) and Answer (comprehension questions)
Answer keys are included.
Note: These pages ALL incorporate mixed double final consonants practice. This includes multiple double final consonants on one page.
Included in this Instant Download:
- PDF with 21 pages and answer keys
Buy the bundle and get this resource at a discount!