Do your students struggle to blend words with soft c and g? Do they get confused with soft and hard c and g and therefore read words with soft/hard c/g? These blend and read blends worksheets are exactly what you and your students need.
By practicing blending and reading soft/hard c/g in a consistent and systematic way, your students will be blending and reading words with blends independently in no time!
Give your students the opportunity to practice blending, reading, and building fluency reading over 15 words with soft/hard c/g.
On each NO PREP printable page, you will find:
- The skill (soft/hard c/g) in the upper left hand corner so that you can easily find the page(s) you need.
- Numbered directions so that your students know exactly what to do.
- 5 words with soft/hard c/g for your students to blend and read.
- Pointing dots under each letter/sound so that your students are promoted to read each sound in the word.
- Connected dots (with a line) so that your students are prompted to blend the sounds together.
- Cut and paste matching pictures that support ESL/ELL readers and confirm correct reading. (This gives your students an opportunity to build fine motor skills, too!)
- A mixed fluency table so that your students can practice rereading the 4-5 words with blends fluently.
- Three smiley faces (for your students to color) to prompt them to read the fluency table three times.
- Dots under each word in the fluency table so that your students can practice tracking while reading.
Great for use during:
- Small Groups
- Guided Reading
- and more!
There is one page for each of the following skills:
- Soft C
- Soft G
- Hard C
- Hard G
- C - 2 pages soft & hard mixed review
- G - 2 pages soft & hard mixed review
- 2 pages soft & hard C & G mixed review
Included in this Instant Download:
Buy the bundle and get this resource at a discount!