Oh, diphthongs! Do your students struggle to blend word with diphthongs and therefore read words with diphthongs? These blend & read diphthongs worksheets are exactly what you and your students need to start reading words with diphthongs fluently!
By practicing blending and reading diphthongs in a consistent and systematic way, your students will be blending reading words with diphthongs independently in no time!
Give your students the opportunity to practice blending, reading, and building fluency reading over 35 words.
On each NO PREP printable page, you will find:
- The skill in the upper left hand corner so that you can easily find the page(s) you need.
- Numbered directions so that your students know exactly what to do.
- 5 words per skill for your students to blend and read.
- Pointing dots under each letter so that your students are promoted to read each sound in the word.
- One dot under each diphthong so that your students remember to sound out and read the diphthong as one sound.
- Connected dots (with a line) so that your students are prompted to blend the sounds together.
- Cut and paste matching pictures that support ESL/ELL readers and confirm correct reading. (This gives your students an opportunity to build fine motor skills, too!)
- A mixed fluency table so that your students can practice rereading the 5 words with diphthongs fluently.
- Three smiley faces (for your students to color) to prompt them to read the fluency table three times.
- Dots under each word in the fluency table so that your students can practice tracking while reading.
Great for use during
- Small Groups
- Guided Reading
- And more!
There is one page for each of the following skills:
Diphthongs (only decodable words used)
- 5 pages of mixed diphthongs review!
Included in this Instant Download:
Buy the bundle and get this resource at a discount!