R-Controlled Vowels, Bossy R…whatever you call it! Do your students struggle to blend r-controlled vowel words and therefore read r-controlled vowel words? These blend & read R controlled vowel worksheets are exactly what you and your students need to start reading R-controlled vowel words fluently!
By practicing blending and reading r-controlled vowels in a consistent and systematic way, your students will be blending reading r-controlled vowel words independently in no time!
Give your students the opportunity to practice blending, reading, and building fluency reading over 25 words.
On each NO PREP printable page, you will find:
- The skill in the upper left hand corner so that you can easily find the page(s) you need.
- Numbered directions so that your students know exactly what to do.
- 5 words per skill for your students to blend and read.
- Pointing dots under each letter so that your students are promoted to read each sound in the word.
- One dot under each r-controlled vowel set so that your students remember to sound out and read the vowel with a "bossy R."
- Connected dots (with a line) so that your students are prompted to blend the sounds together.
- Cut and paste matching pictures that support ESL/ELL readers and confirm correct reading. (This gives your students an opportunity to build fine motor skills, too!)
- A mixed fluency table so that your students can practice rereading the 5 r-controlled vowel skill words fluently.
- Three smiley faces (for your students to color) to prompt them to read the fluency table three times.
- Dots under each word in the fluency table so that your students can practice tracking while reading.
Great for use during
- small groups
- guided reading
- and more!
There is one page for each of the following skills:
- +5 pages of mixed practice
Please note that some of the words used in this resource contain blends, long vowel teams, silent e, etc.
Included in this Instant Download:
Buy the bundle and get this resource at a discount!